Nashville Fashion Week special guest and Saturday night Finale Runway Show designer Anna Sui has also partnered with Third Man Records for the Anna Sui x Third Man Records Pop Up on Friday, April 6 - Sunday, April 8 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. at 623 7th Avenue South.
Step inside Jack White's Third Man Records to peruse a collaborative pop-up shop featuring the fashion and beauty creations of iconic New York fashion designer Anna Sui, alongside Third Man's usual lush vinyl selection. Meet and greet with Anna at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
"I’ve always been a gigantic fan of everything Jack White does - not only is he a musical genius, but he also has quite the flair for interior decoration! I love the yellow and black interiors of his offices, warehouses and boutiques (where I’m proud to say, I design the sales staff uniforms!). Third Man Records graciously invited me to host a pop-up shop in their store during Nashville Fashion Week (where I’m presenting my Spring 2018 Summer of Love inspired runway collection)! There will be selected items straight from the catwalk…capes embroidered with peacocks and roses, shimmering celestial print caftans, London Souvenir dresses, daisy jacquard hot pants, Peruvian blanket shawls, bleach-patterned sun and moon t-shirts, flower-power pin sets, calico journals, my popular Fantasia perfume (with its unicorn topped flask), plus a selection of my colorful cosmetics, and my latest book - commemorating my traveling World of Anna Sui museum retrospective. I’m also designing a custom Anna Sui + Third Man collaboration Nashville T-shirt!" - Anna Sui
"Anna Sui is an American icon, and the similarities between the world she has created through fashion and the world Jack White and Third Man Records have created through music are impossible to ignore. We both aim to take you on a journey, expose you to the unexpectedly beautiful and the beautifully unexpected, foster a love affair with tangibility, and inspire you to let your mind live in a state of constant exploration, reorganization, and reformation. Both brands challenge the idea that one's outward identity and tastes should be an unmovable object to hang your hat on: Third Man is vehemently genreless — we'd just as soon put out early 20th century demotika field recordings as a White Stripes record; Anna Sui's clothes are spectacularly idiosyncratic, each speaking for itself and telling its own story regardless of the wearer's context. The fact that the creative forces behind both companies were born and raised in Detroit is truly just the tip of the iceberg. All this is to say, we couldn't be more thrilled to host Anna and her incredible wares at our Nashville space, and our women's uniforms are thrilled to meet their maker in person." - Katie Studley, Marketing, Third Man Records
Nashville designer Amanda Valentine and St. Louis designer Chrissy Fogerty of Fauxgerty will also host Pop-Up Shops during their NFW Learning Labs at ONEC1TY. Amanda Valentine & Ayana Ife will present Culture: Life Off The Runway on Monday, April 2 from 5-7 p.m.. Chrissy will moderate the Happily Grey + Clique Media Influence: Navigage the Influencer Space on Saturday, April 7 from 1-3 p.m. Tickets for both events, as well as the four other Learning Labs are available at NashvilleFashionWeek.com.
Featured Shop Nashville Week events include:
• Any Old Iron, Emerson Grace, Jamie Nashville, Lemon Laine, Levy’s, Lily Guilder Designer Showroom, Oak Hall and Stacey Rhodes Boutique will each host NFW runway designer trunk shows. Stop by to meet the designers and shop their looks from the runway.
• Emerson Grace will donate a portion of Thursday sales to the Nashville Fashion Forward Fund.
• Support NFW alumni designers at Ceri Hoover, The Keep Shop (Jamie & The Jones) and Posh (MadnessIs) throughout the week. Margaret Ellis Jewelry is hosting an out-of-studio trunk show at Nina Kuzina Gallery Thursday through Saturday.
• Shop more Pop Ups and designer Trunk Shows at The Dress Theory, H. Audrey, Levy's and Posh.
• Menswear special events at Alton Lane, Levy's and Oak Hall.
• Full service professional styling opportunities at Nordstrom and The Private Label.
• Fun beauty-focused events at ABLE and Lemon Laine.
• Take advantage of special discounts at UAL, an eight year NFW supporter, at all three Nashville locations Tuesday through Friday. HatWRKS will offer a discount on all of their women and men's hats simply for mentioning NFW all week!
• Register to win a new pair of sunglasses at Ceri Hoover. Sunnies will be given away to the first 25 customers at Posh in both locations on Friday.
• Feast on fashion with refreshments served at ABLE, Ceri Hoover, Emerson Grace, Nina Kuzina Gallery, Oak Hall, Tribe Kelley, UAL and many more. A food truck will also be at FLIP!
• And please continue to shop and support our loyal NFW retails sponsors William Edge and The Cosmetic Market.
Visit NashvilleFashionWeek.com to view the full Nashville Fashion Week 2018 schedule including detailed event descriptions for each of Shop Nashville's participating retailers and to purchase tickets to all of the official NFW events planned throughout the week.